Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Corduroy Mushrooms...

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this blog... my computer crashed last week and so I haven't been able to do much in the way of blogging. =P

But!  I have been working on projects! It's pretty cool how much you get done when your computer is dead.

And... there is one particular project I finished that I wanted to show you. =)

...



I appliqued the mushrooms with corduroy fabric to add texture... I think that was one of the best ideas I've ever had... I love them!

Ain't it cute? ^_^

I'm thinking of doing a tutorial on how to make the mushroom applique... and maybe the tote bag... if people are interested. The bag is way bigger than I meant for it to be... I really just made it up as I went along. I think next time I'll do a smaller bag. =P

So: If you're interested in a tutorial, comment and let me know! I did these mushrooms on my embroidery machine... but I could show you how to do them on a normal machine too. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment