Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A long-awaited birthday present...

I have finally completely a project of mine that has been in the works since September...
I received a Joann Fabrics gift card for my birthday and I immediately knew what I wanted to use it to make... A mushroom dress! ...or... a dress with mushrooms on it, rather.
I finally got around to making it this past weekend.



I fell in love with this fabric as soon as it came into our store...

I also picked out a pretty brown to accent it with... 'cause mushroom's everywhere might have been a little much. =P

And I knew I wanted the dress to have a scrunchie looking top... so I origianlly picked out this pattern...
M6110

I was planning on tweaking some things so that the dress didn't look so apron-like... But then - I came across this pattern when making a different dress for a friend...

(Dress A) It still had a scrunchie top... and I thought the waistband was more grown-up and slimming... so I decided to use this one instead.

So I began...

 The top was a little bit low on me... so I raised it up 2 inches... 

I assembled the bodice and waistband in brown...

I also decided I wanted a fuller skirt... so I added 4 inches to the edge of the skirt... then I just gathered in the extra fullness.

I attached the bodice to the skirt... now all I had to do was put in a zipper and hem it.

I adore HUGE hems... (I actually like to cut my patterns extra long so that I can do this) so I gave this dress a nice 4 inch hem... *angels singing*

And there you have it! Ain't it cute?

Close up of the adorableness...


The brown fabric has some awesome texture to it... It makes me happy. =)



So there you have it... dress complete! Happy birthday to me... haha. =P
(pictures of me wearing it are soon to come... I just have to bribe an unwilling brother in to taking pictures of me in it... *sigh*)

(Oh... and my blog is under construction again... I'm not pleased with it... so bear with me.)

Edit:

Here are pictures of me in it! Thanks to my wonderful friend Maeve for putting up with my silliness. =)




 I love it. I wear it alllllllll the time. ^_^



1 comment: