Saturday, June 9, 2012

Easy Infinity Scarf

Today I want to show you how to make an adorable infinity scarf.

What you will need...
  • 1/2 yard 60" wide knit fabric (1 yard if you want to make two at once like I did)
  • A serger (or a basic sewing machine, it really isn't a huge deal)
  • Buttons, bows, ribbons (optional)

 
I started with a yard of this really neat bow fabric from Joann's

 
I decided I didn't need the whole yard for just one scarf... so I decided to cut it in half and make two!

 
Once you have a 1/2 yard x 60" piece of fabric, fold it in half lengthwise - right sides together - and pin.

 
Then, sew down the entire long side of the fabric. If you have a serger, serge down the edge... sergers work wonders on knit fabric.

 
At this point... you can just tie the scarf ends together and call it a day...

 
But, if you want to finish the ends so that it is a continuous loop... keep pressing on.

 Pin about half of each end together - right sides together- and sew... it's a little hard to explain, but I hope the pictures help.

 You need it to look like this when you're finished... sew as far as you can around the inside...

 
 Now you need to close up that hole. Pin it shut...

and whipstitch over the opening.


Now you're ready to wear it!

(Sorry for the goofy face... I hate taking pictures of myself... I would much rather model my stuff on a mannequin or another person... but alas, I was blessed with only brothers. =P)


Add buttons or bows for cute extra accents. =)
(P.S. the bow attachment is my favorite. And it can be detatchable!)


Hope you all enjoyed it! I seriously wear this thing all the time now... I hope you love yours as much as I love mine. =)


1 comment:

  1. Oh hey! I like seeing pictures of you and the scarf looks very cute!

    ReplyDelete