Monday, February 20, 2012

You may not know...

I have this thing for decorating... I don't get to do it very often... but when I do, I like to go all out.

For the past couple of years, my family has hosted a Valentines day dinner for our fellowship group... and I've always helped decorate for it.

So this year... I decided to take pictures! Enjoy!
(will... resist... urge to caption every picture...)




First off... I wanted to do something fun with the napkins. I had seen this picture on Pinterest a week or so ago and I thought I might try it...


The napkins I used were kinda large... so I just folded them to the right size...
(please excuse my man-hands)

(about 6 inches of ribbon and double-sticky tape)

Voila! A bow napkin. =)

Now for some other pictures...


(without the finishing touches... candles, petals, etc.)

I just happened to have these butterflies... so I thought I'd use them.

We had to have a total of 3 tables... lots of people.

                                                           We ran out of red napkins...

Finished product... complete with candles and rose petals...


(yay for napkins!)

Floating candles



I think it turned out wonderfully...
The fellowship was awesome too... good talks with great people. =)

5 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I love the big bows:)

    <3 Leney

    agirlnamedleney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea for Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these, but didn't want to tape the bow holder. I got some of those old snap bracelets, cut them in half, and covered them in ribbon. They function as an openable napkin ring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and I used it - thank you!

    ReplyDelete